With Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales behind us, it’s now time to turn our focus to finishing the year strong.
Believe it or not, there is a way to get solid sales in December without a massive effort. All while keeping your sanity.
Here’s the trick. Get people back to your site, and do it quickly, while they’re still looking for gifts.
I’m talking about Returning Visitors. Returning Visitors are twice as valuable as New Visitors.
Think of it this way, New Visitors are the lifeblood of our business for growth.
Returning Visitors are the lifeblood of our business for conversion (sales!).
You can see by my results below. Compare the Conversion Rate for New Visitors, to the Conversion rate for Returning Visitors
And so, when December rolls around, and people are already buying, this is the time to double down on your efforts to get more Returning Visitors.
Let’s talk about how you do it, check out this video:
Here’s a snapshot of the playbook:
1.To attract your Returning Visitors, use urgency as your hook. It’s your friend. What’s the last day you are shipping for a pre-Christmas delivery. Start talking about it everywhere, on Social Media, in Email, and in Text campaigns.
2. I want you to focus only on a few best selling items. This is not the time to be talking about all the things. Because people need clarity. Repetition brings clarity.
3. If you spend money on ads, shift a bigger portion of your budget to your warmest audiences:
- Website Visitors
- Email list
- Engaged on FB
- Engaged on IG
I want to caution you, recency is a big factor in conversion. So a 30 day audience is perfect. That said, if you have small warm audiences, you’ll need to use up to 180 days.
If you’ve had success with Google Shopping in the past, this is a great time to make sure you’ve got it running, and maybe even up the budget. Google Shopping is search based, and includes retargeting.
4. Use Email and SMS Marketing. Decide how many products you can feature. Give each product at least five days. For example, if you send a single product email, make sure you use a large and clean image of the product. Then use the ‘just in time for Christmas’ delivery hook, highlighting the last day to ship. Adding in a testimonial to demonstrate product benefit is also extremely valuable.
Example of a subject lines:
- 10 days left. Grab the socks that they’ll celebrate all year round. (our shipping deadline is Dec 15th)
- Ditch the stress, we’ll deliver the perfect gift for you (get your order in this week)
Send Day 1 – to your list.
Send Day 2- different subject line, but to non-openers
Send Day 5 – people who opened, but did not buy.
Then start again with Day 1.
5. Social media posting with links or shopping enabled is free!
Don’t stop, just change the conversation. There are still lots of shoppers in December, use your strategy all the way through.
Implement all of this, and you will see your Returning Visitor climb and you’ll feel confident that you’re spending your time and money wisely.
Great strategy to use year round!
If you have questions, comment below and ask me!
So, here’s what I need you to do next.
First, sign up to get updates in your inbox:
Then, be sure to Like and Follow my page on Facebook. I’ll be posting regular updates there!
That’s it! It will be a fun adventure, all the way from 0 to $50K on Shopify!
Have you tried this to generate leads?
The Perfect Giveaway is my favorite way to generate a lot of leads and begin the process of warming them up to become buyers.I like to run this even before prime buying times. This time, I’m running the event before Mother’s day and Father’s Day so that I can have a...
How to fast track and get the business you want sooner.
I know you need to hear this today, because I see you showing up and working hard.You really can grow the business of your dreams, and it doesn't have to take forever. So how do you get the business of your dreams on the fast track?It starts with accepting the reality...
4 strategies that are basically all my sales
I’m sharing my 2020 results at Sock Doggo, but what’s more important, I’ll tell you what I did to get them. It’s interesting, because when I break it down, it boils down to 4 things, and I’ll give you the details, so you can take away what might apply to your...