Our Inner Circle member Therese is super frustrated because she’s worked hard to get her site set up and ready for customers. And she has it all going on. Take a look:https://www.couturebridalaccessories.co.ukShe has beautiful, compelling images, she’s good at copy,...
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales behind us, it’s now time to turn our focus to finishing the year strong.
Believe it or not, there is a way to get solid sales in December without a massive effort. All while keeping your sanity.
Here’s the trick. Get people back to your site, and do it quickly, while they’re still looking for gifts.
I’m talking about Returning Visitors. Returning Visitors are twice as valuable as New Visitors.
Think of it this way, New Visitors are the lifeblood of our business for growth.
Returning Visitors are the lifeblood of our business for conversion (sales!).
You can see by my results below. Compare the Conversion Rate for New Visitors, to the Conversion rate for Returning Visitors
And so, when December rolls around, and people are already buying, this is the time to double down on your efforts to get more Returning Visitors.
Let’s talk about how you do it, check out this video:
Here’s a snapshot of the playbook:
1.To attract your Returning Visitors, use urgency as your hook. It’s your friend. What’s the last day you are shipping for a pre-Christmas delivery. Start talking about it everywhere, on Social Media, in Email, and in Text campaigns.
2. I want you to focus only on a few best selling items. This is not the time to be talking about all the things. Because people need clarity. Repetition brings clarity.
3. If you spend money on ads, shift a bigger portion of your budget to your warmest audiences:
- Website Visitors
- Email list
- Engaged on FB
- Engaged on IG
I want to caution you, recency is a big factor in conversion. So a 30 day audience is perfect. That said, if you have small warm audiences, you’ll need to use up to 180 days.
If you’ve had success with Google Shopping in the past, this is a great time to make sure you’ve got it running, and maybe even up the budget. Google Shopping is search based, and includes retargeting.
4. Use Email and SMS Marketing. Decide how many products you can feature. Give each product at least five days. For example, if you send a single product email, make sure you use a large and clean image of the product. Then use the ‘just in time for Christmas’ delivery hook, highlighting the last day to ship. Adding in a testimonial to demonstrate product benefit is also extremely valuable.
Example of a subject lines:
- 10 days left. Grab the socks that they’ll celebrate all year round. (our shipping deadline is Dec 15th)
- Ditch the stress, we’ll deliver the perfect gift for you (get your order in this week)
Send Day 1 – to your list.
Send Day 2- different subject line, but to non-openers
Send Day 5 – people who opened, but did not buy.
Then start again with Day 1.
5. Social media posting with links or shopping enabled is free!
Don’t stop, just change the conversation. There are still lots of shoppers in December, use your strategy all the way through.
Implement all of this, and you will see your Returning Visitor climb and you’ll feel confident that you’re spending your time and money wisely.
Great strategy to use year round!
If you have questions, comment below and ask me!
So, here’s what I need you to do next.
First, sign up to get updates in your inbox:
Then, be sure to Like and Follow my page on Facebook. I’ll be posting regular updates there!
That’s it! It will be a fun adventure, all the way from 0 to $50K on Shopify!
Are you one of those people who actually wouldn’t be on social media if it wasn’t for business? If so, this is for you. Or, are you one of those people who have no idea what to say on social media that doesn’t make you feel all slimy, or worse? If so, then this is for...
Meet Rebecca, our Inner Circle Member from Australia. She’s this month’s 15-minute Feedback celebrity guest! Rebecca applied for 15-minute Feedback because she’s been driving traffic to her site, Traffic Bootcamp style, for a few months. And she feels a little stuck....